Prairie Grove Middle School serves 300 students in grades 5-6.
Prairie Grove Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 53% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 36% (which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 41% (majority Black).
- Grades: 5-6
- Enrollment: 300 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 16%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in AR
- Math Proficiency: 53% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 36% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Prairie Grove Middle School's student population of 300 students has declined by 48% over five school years.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 60% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Prairie Grove Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 993 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Prairie Grove Middle School is 0.29, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#295 out of 993 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Prairie Grove Middle School's ranking?
Prairie Grove Middle School is ranked #295 out of 993 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Arkansas.
What schools are Prairie Grove Middle School often compared to?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
53% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% AR state average), while 36% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 37% AR state average).
How many students attend Prairie Grove Middle School?
300 students attend Prairie Grove Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
84% of Prairie Grove Middle School students are White, 6% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are American Indian, 3% of students are Black, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Prairie Grove Middle School?
Prairie Grove Middle School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Prairie Grove Middle School offer ?
Prairie Grove Middle School offers enrollment in grades 5-6 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Prairie Grove Middle School part of?
Prairie Grove Middle School is part of Prairie Grove School District.
Review Prairie Grove Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.