Prospect Valley Elementary School serves 414 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Prospect Valley Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 33%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 414 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in CO
- Math Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Prospect Valley Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Prospect Valley Elementary School's student population of 414 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Prospect Valley Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,734 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Prospect Valley Elementary School is 0.32, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#156 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Prospect Valley Elementary School's ranking?
Prospect Valley Elementary School is ranked #156 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Colorado.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
55-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% CO state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% CO state average).
How many students attend Prospect Valley Elementary School?
414 students attend Prospect Valley Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
81% of Prospect Valley Elementary School students are White, 15% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Prospect Valley Elementary School?
Prospect Valley Elementary School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Prospect Valley Elementary School offer ?
Prospect Valley Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Prospect Valley Elementary School part of?
Prospect Valley Elementary School is part of Jefferson County School District No. R-1.
Review Prospect Valley Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.