Putnam Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 267 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 15%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 18% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 31% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
18% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 31% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend Putnam Middle School?
267 students attend Putnam Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
85% of Putnam Middle School students are White, 11% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Putnam Middle School?
Putnam Middle School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Putnam Middle School offer ?
Putnam Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Putnam Middle School part of?
Putnam Middle School is part of Putnam School District.
Review Putnam Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities