Ramey-estep High School
- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 68 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 6:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in KY
- Math Proficiency: ≤20% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: ≤20% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KY Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤20% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 30% KY state average), while ≤20% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% KY state average).
How many students attend Ramey-estep High School?
68 students attend Ramey-estep High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
81% of Ramey-estep High School students are White, 10% of students are Black, 6% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Ramey-estep High School?
Ramey-estep High School has a student ration of 6:1, which is lower than the Kentucky state average of 15:1.
What grades does Ramey-estep High School offer ?
Ramey-estep High School offers enrollment in grades 6-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Ramey-estep High School part of?
Ramey-estep High School is part of Boyd County School District.
Review Ramey-estep High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities