Read Mountain Middle School
- Read Mountain Middle School's student population of 722 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||722 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Read Mountain Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Botetourt County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cloverdale Cloverdale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 269 students
833 Cougar Drive
Cloverdale, VA 24077
(540)992-1086 0.2 PK-5 269
- Roanoke Bonsack Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 366 students
5437 Crumpacker Dr
Roanoke, VA 24019
(540)977-5870 2.4 PK-5 366
- Roanoke Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 356 students
5901 Plantation Circle
Roanoke, VA 24019
(540)561-8175 2.7 PK-5 356
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Juvenile Detention Home
498 Coyner Springs Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540)561-3858 2.8 n/a n/a
- Daleville Lord Botetourt High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,052 student
1435 Roanoke Rd
Daleville, VA 24083
(540)992-1261 3.4 9-12 1,052
Great school 15/2 lunch taste like trash tho definitely recommend to all my bffs #Fortnite #ripSiderman #ItsAllStarlordsfault #Memes #Dank #AvengersInfintyWar
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Yure Mooma
I think our school has pretty engaging and interesting teachers that are pretty good with the material and are able to relate to and teach the pupils effectively. The lunch is pretty good for a middle school. I do wish our school had more advanced features and technology, but we're able to make do with what we possess. I enjoyed middle school much more than elementary. Love, CCCCCHHHHAAADDD ;)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Chad
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.