Sharon Dawes Elementary School
- Sharon Dawes Elementary School's student population of 192 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sharon Dawes Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||KANAWHA COUNTY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedar Grove Cedar Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 246 students
200 John Street
Cedar Grove, WV 25039
(304)949-1642 4.9 PK-5 246
- Pratt Pratt Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 237 students
206 Pratt Avenue
Pratt, WV 25162
(304)949-4838 5.2 PK-5 237
- Belle Midland Trail Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 226 students
200 Ferry St
Belle, WV 25015
(304)949-1823 5.6 PK-5 226
- Belle Riverside High School Grades: 9-12 | 1135 students
#1 Warrior Way
Belle, WV 25015
(304)348-1996 5.8 9-12 1135
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.