Sherwood High School
- Sherwood High School's student population of 1,967 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,967 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||112 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sherwood High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#462 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandy Spring Sherwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 493 students
1401 Olney-sandy Spring Rd
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
(240) 740-0960 1.0 PK-5 493
- Olney Brooke Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 407 students
2700 Spartan Rd
Olney, MD 20832
(240) 722-1800 2.0 PK-5 407
- Olney William H. Farquhar Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 703 students
17017 Batchellors Forest Rd
Olney, MD 20832
(240) 740-1200 2.5 6-8 703
- Olney Olney Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 686 students
3401 Queen Mary Dr
Olney, MD 20832
(301) 924-3126 2.8 K-5 686
I attended Sherwood and I don't think it was a good preparation for college. I had straight A's in my Senior year, but I still had to take rimidiation classes.Some of my friends' parents would ask for better grades for their kids, and they always got that. If the teacher was not compliant, they went straight to the administration. In the end, I can say that a bunch of aggressive parents were running the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kelly
This is an excellent school, not only academically, but the parents and students who attend Sherwood are from the Olney/Ashton area which is a very small but loyal group of people.
- Posted by Parent - bsolu
There are, as with many places, many teachers who are passionate about their subjects and the kids. I have had daughters in this school since 2000. The sports programs are also very good and coaches are committed. The parents and the community are very involved.
- Posted by Parent - ddanc
A. This school is very hard for some people but easy for others. B. They dont have any special programs it is a very boring school. C. VERY good in football but sucks in everything else. D. Old and rundown built in the 1900's E. alot becuase it is a white school, so of course there is going to be alot of parents.Overall, the school is boring for everyone except the white people (Dont take offense to this). I am a student at the school and all I want to do is get a transfer over to Blake.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lildo
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.