Sierra Verde Elementary School
Sierra Verde Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Sierra Verde Elementary School's student population of 998 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||998 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sierra Verde Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#159 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Deer Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Sierra Verde Elementary School is Great Hearts Academies - Glendale Prep (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Great Hearts Academies - Glendale Prep Grades: 6-12 | 538 students
23276 N. 83rd Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
(623) 889-0822 0.5 6-12 538
- Glendale Copper Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 726 students
7071 W. Hillcrest Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85310
(623) 445-5000 0.8 PK-6 726
- Peoria Frontier Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 965 students
21258 N. 81st Avenue
Peoria, AZ 85382
(623) 412-4900 0.9 PK-8 965
- Peoria Legacy Traditional School - Peoria Grades: K-6 | 361 students
7877 W Hillcrest Blvd
Peoria, AZ 85383
(623) 299-9825 1.0 K-6 361
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.