Henry School District 14-2 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Henry School District 14-2 School District, serving 65 students.
- Public preschool in Henry School District 14-2 School District have an average math proficiency score of 49% (versus the South Dakota public pre school average of 45%), and reading proficiency score of 49% (versus the 46% statewide average). This district's average pre school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public pre schools in South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is less than the South Dakota public preschool average of 32% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the South Dakota public preschool average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Henry School District 14-2 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.henry.k12.sd.us|
|School District Phone Number||(605)532-5364|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|# of Schools||1 School||132 Schools|
|# of Students||65 Students||29,789 Students|
|# of Teachers||7 Teachers||2,180 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||14:1|
- Henry School District 14-2 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 91 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 60-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||4,236 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||460 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a||2,129 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||1,359 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||63 Students||20,113 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||30 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||1,462 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||12||3,388|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||13||4,965|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||10||4,177|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||11||4,117|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||14||4,088|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||5||4,117|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||3,684|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||918|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||166|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||145|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||3|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||6|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||10|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,206 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,339. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,222 is less than the state average of $10,782. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,206||$11,339|
|Spending / Student||$9,222||$10,782|
Henry School District 14-2 School District Public Preschools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Henry Elementary - 02 111 N Cedar
Henry, SD 57243
Grades: PK-4 | 65 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.