Spencer Middle School
- Spencer Middle School's student population of 429 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||429 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Spencer Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roane County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spencer Spencer Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 559 students
85 Clay Road
Spencer, WV 25276
(304)927-6428 0.9 PK-4 559
- Le Roy Roane-jackson Vo-tech Center Grades: PK-12
9450 Spencer Road
Le Roy, WV 25252
(304)372-7335 11.2 PK-12 n/a
- Arnoldsburg Arnoldsburg School Grades: PK-4 | 236 students
90 Spring Run Road
Arnoldsburg, WV 25234
(304)655-8616 12.0 PK-4 236
- Walton Walton Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 337 students
90 School Drive
Walton, WV 25286
(304)577-6731 12.0 PK-8 337
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.