St George School
- St George School's student population of 6 students has declined by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||6 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- St George School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 471 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2010-11 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pribilof School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Island St Paul School Grades: PK-12 | 60 students
Saint Paul Island, AK 99660
(907)546-3337 44.9 PK-12 60
- Unalaska Unalaska Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 190 students
55 East Broadway
Unalaska, AK 99685
(907)581-1222 223.6 7-12 190
- Unalaska Eagle's View Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 197 students
503 East Broadway
Unalaska, AK 99685
(907)581-3979 224.1 PK-6 197
- Akutan Akutan School Grades: PK-12 | 10 students
202 Volcano Drive
Akutan, AK 99553
(907)698-2205 226.8 PK-12 10
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.