Start High School
- Start High School's student population of 1,490 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 87 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,490 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Start High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,247 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2951 out of 3247 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Toledo City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toledo Longfellow Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 603 students
1955 W Laskey Rd
Toledo, OH 43613
(419)671-3800 0.5 K-8 603
- Toledo Larchmont Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 462 students
1515 Slater St
Toledo, OH 43612
(419)671-3650 0.8 K-8 462
- Toledo Wernert Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 368 students
5050 Douglas Rd
Toledo, OH 43613
(419)473-8218 0.9 K-6 368
- Toledo Jackman Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 404 students
2010 Northover Rd
Toledo, OH 43613
(419)473-8274 1.1 K-6 404
great staff students are a joke
- Posted by Parent - stpdb
Roy C. Start is indeed one of the Top schools in Toledo Ohio. I realize that isn't saying much, however I have conversated with students their of all races and all seemed to be very intellegent and decent teens. Roy C. Start offers above and beyond the educational help and finacial help the students are in need of. The teachers are very knowledgable; and we as parents know that is extremely important for children; but not only are they knowledgable they "explain things well" - student I had interviewed. Many websites and letters are sent to parents throughout the year to keep parents involved. I would with all my knowledge recommend this school to any teen becoming a freshmen or deciding to switch schools.
- Posted by Parent - Mrr.G
I go here and I am learning more than when I attended Toledo Technology Academy; for more than a few reasons.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - babae
The school voucher debate continues to broil throughout the country, with one Colorado school district the grounds for intense controversy. Learn about the voucher program controversy in Douglas County and how it will impact students.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.