Stonewall Jackson Middle School
- Stonewall Jackson Middle School's student population of 427 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||427 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stonewall Jackson Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||#626 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Mary C. Snow West Side Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 396 students
100 Florida Street
Charleston, WV 25302
(304) 348-1902 0.6 PK-5 396
- Charleston Edgewood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 446 students
550 Hawks Ridge
Charleston, WV 25302
(304) 348-6635 1.1 PK-5 446
- South Charleston Weberwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 238 students
732 Gordon Road
South Charleston, WV 25303
(304) 348-1924 1.4 PK-5 238
- Charleston Garnet Career Center Grades: 9-12
422 Dickinson Street
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 348-6195 1.6 9-12 n/a
- Charleston Grandview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 220 students
959 Woodward Drive
Charleston, WV 25312
(304) 348-1928 1.9 PK-5 220
Hi, I just want to say I loved that school when I went I just I loved everything there it was my dream school and I loved it and I just want you to say hi to everyone for me, please ;~;
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Keionnia Tesi
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.