- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 231 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 48%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Sunnyside School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sunnyside School's ranking?
Sunnyside School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for: Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%) and Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
45-49% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 55-59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend Sunnyside School?
231 students attend Sunnyside School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
52% of Sunnyside School students are White, 26% of students are Hispanic, 13% of students are Black, 6% of students are Asian, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sunnyside School?
Sunnyside School has a student ration of 11:1, which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Sunnyside School offer ?
Sunnyside School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Sunnyside School part of?
Sunnyside School is part of Shelton School District.
Review Sunnyside School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities