- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 816 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in AZ
- Math Proficiency: 80% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sunset School's ranking?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
80% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 45% AZ state average), while 55% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 45% AZ state average).
How many students attend Sunset School?
816 students attend Sunset School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
88% of Sunset School students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Black, 3% of students are American Indian, and 2% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sunset School?
Sunset School has a student ration of 21:1, which is higher than the Arizona state average of 17:1.
What grades does Sunset School offer ?
Sunset School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
Review Sunset School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities