Sylvan Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 750 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 25:1
- Minority Enrollment: 51%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 15% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 28% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 28% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Sylvan Middle School?
750 students attend Sylvan Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
49% of Sylvan Middle School students are White, 33% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Two or more races, 5% of students are Asian, and 5% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sylvan Middle School?
Sylvan Middle School has a student ration of 25:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Sylvan Middle School offer ?
Sylvan Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
View the Sylvan Middle School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Sylvan Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities