Taconic High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 869 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 36%
- Graduation Rate: 85-89% (Btm 50% in MA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
25-29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Taconic High School?
The graduation rate of Taconic High School is 85-89%, which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 88%.
How many students attend Taconic High School?
869 students attend Taconic High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
64% of Taconic High School students are White, 14% of students are Black, 12% of students are Hispanic, 9% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Taconic High School?
Taconic High School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Taconic High School offer ?
Taconic High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Taconic High School part of?
Taconic High School is part of Pittsfield School District.
Review Taconic High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities