Taholah High School
Taholah High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Taholah High School's student population of 62 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Taholah High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,028 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 6:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1261 out of 2028 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Taholah School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Taholah Taholah Elementary & Middle School Grades: K-8 | 111 students
600 Chitwhin Dr.
Taholah, WA 98587
(360)276-4780 0.0 K-8 111
- Pacific Beach Pacific Beach Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 155 students
11 Fourth Street
Pacific Beach, WA 98571
(360)276-4512 10.3 K-6 155
- Forks Queets-clearwater Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 19 students
146000 Hwy 101
Forks, WA 98331
(360)962-2395 13.7 K-8 19
- Ocean Shores North Beach Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 107 students
336 State Route 109
Ocean Shores, WA 98569
(360)289-3888 19.5 7-8 107
- Amanda Park Lake Quinault Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 89 students
6130 Us Highway 101
Amanda Park, WA 98526
(360)288-2414 20.3 K-5 89
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.
For far too long the American public school system has failed to address “out-of-school” factors like poverty and their impact on what happens in the classroom. As the nation continues to become increasingly diverse, many schools are adopting comprehensive approaches to education that account for the unique needs of students so that each child is prepared for their future and not just for a year-end test.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.