Anderson-shiro Cisd School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Anderson-shiro Cisd School District serving 840 students in Anderson, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Anderson-shiro Cisd School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Anderson-shiro Cisd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||840 students|
|# of Teachers||64 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||428 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||412 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||132 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||67 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||623 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||11 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||21|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||54|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||62|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Anderson-shiro Cisd School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,114 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,908. The school district revenue/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $29,783 is higher than the state average of $13,250. The school district spending/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,114||$12,908|
|Spending / Student||$29,783||$13,250|
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.