La Vega Isd School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public high school managed by La Vega Isd School District serving 827 students in Waco, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 85% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
La Vega Isd School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Waco La Vega High School555 N Loop 340
Waco, TX 76705
Grades: 9-12 | 827 students
|School District Name||La Vega Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,116 students|
|# of Teachers||201 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,622 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,494 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,689 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||837 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||515 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||65 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||178|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||200|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||252|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||243|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||224|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||263|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||255|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||234|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||245|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||221|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||199|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||162|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- La Vega Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,667 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,827 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$28 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$28 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,667||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$9,827||$11,097|
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.