Lago Vista Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public preschool managed by Lago Vista Isd School District serving 425 students in Leander, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Lago Vista Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Leander Lago Vista Elementary School20311 Dawn Dr
Leander, TX 78645
Grades: PK-3 | 425 students
|School District Name||Lago Vista Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||425 students|
|# of Teachers||26 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||217 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||208 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||105 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||296 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||25|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||85|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Lago Vista Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,316 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,081 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,316||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$14,081||$11,097|
We examine revised cell phone policies across the country that allow students to use phones during school hours – and whether those new policies are a good idea.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.