Lovelady Independent School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Lovelady Independent School District, serving 547 students. Lovelady Independent School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Texas.
- Public schools in Lovelady Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 51% (versus the Texas public school average of 48%), and reading proficiency score of 51% (versus the 45% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 8/10, which is in the top 30% of public schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Lovelady Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.loveladyisd.net|
|School District Phone Number||(936) 636-7616|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||8,947 Schools|
|# of Students||547 Students||5,398,246 Students|
|# of Teachers||50 Teachers||355,401 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
- Lovelady Independent School District, which is ranked within the8/, top 30% of all 1,200 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||20,590 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||5 Students||235,500 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||48 Students||2,826,531 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||59 Students||680,292 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||415 Students||1,504,856 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||8,027 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||20 Students||122,450 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||36||254,767|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||30||371,437|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||34||388,455|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43||394,227|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||45||409,796|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||40||413,679|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||36||414,261|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||53||402,503|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||36||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||40||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||34||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||46||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||42||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||32||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,303 is higher than the state average of 10361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,726 is higher than the state average of $10,700. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||9107000|
|Revenue / Student||$11,303||10361|
|Spending / Student||$11,726||10700|
Lovelady Independent School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.