Thornton Central School
Thornton Central School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Thornton Central School's student population of 205 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2014)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thornton Central School is ranked within the top 20% of all 455 schools in New Hampshire (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#50 out of 455 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Thornton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Campton Campton Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 310 students
1110 Nh Rte. 175
Campton, NH 03223
(603) 726-3931 3.4 PK-8 310
- Waterville Valley Waterville Valley Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 21 students
1 Noon Peak Rd.
Waterville Valley, NH 03215
(603) 236-4700 8.8 K-8 21
- Plymouth Plymouth Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 419 students
43 Old Ward Brg. Rd.
Plymouth, NH 03264
(603) 536-1152 9.3 PK-8 419
- Plymouth Plymouth Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 677 students
86 Old Ward Brg. Rd.
Plymouth, NH 03264
(603) 536-1444 9.3 9-12 677
- Rumney Russell Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 106 students
195 School St.
Rumney, NH 03266
(603) 786-9591 10.0 K-8 106
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.