Trap Hill Middle School
- The student population of 406 students has declined by 8% over five years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 6% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||406 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.04 is less than the state average of 0.12. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Raleigh County s School District's student population of 12,428 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $11,735 in this district is less than the state average of $13,970. The district revenue/student has grown by 9% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,540 is less than the state average of $13,319. The district spending/student has grown by 6% over four years.
|School District Name||Raleigh County s School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||12,428||3,418|
|District Total Revenue||$148 MM||$48 MM|
|District Spending||$145 MM||$46 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,735||$13,970|
|District Spending / Student||$11,540||$13,319|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Glen DanielLiberty High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 575 students
Po Box 265
Glen Daniel, WV 25844
FairdaleFairdale Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 486 students
Po Box 10
Fairdale, WV 25839
LesterLester Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 152 students
Lester, WV 25865
Mac ArthurHollywood Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 304 students
Po Box 7
Mac Arthur, WV 25873
Beckley Crescent Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 354 students
205 Crescent Road
Beckley, WV 25801
July 12, 2017
Learn whether a year round attendance schedule or traditional schedule may be more appropriate for your child.
July 12, 2017
It is helpful to know the issues involved when considering public versus private schools. More about these considerations here.
July 02, 2017
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.