Crescent Elementary School
Crescent Elementary School serves 374 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Crescent Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in West Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the West Virginia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 10% (majority Black).
Crescent Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Crescent Elementary School's student population of 374 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Crescent Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 638 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Crescent Elementary School is 0.40, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.19. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (WV)
Overall Testing Rank
#18 out of 638 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)(17-18)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, WV Dept. of Education
Review Crescent Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
New Study Confirms That Private Schools Are No Better Than Public Schools
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Parents Refuse Common Core Testing
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.