- The student population of 200 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 5% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-12|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.00 is less than the state average of 0.36. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Bering Strait School District's student population of 1,846 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $43,570 is higher than the state average of $26,078. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $43,674 is higher than the state average of $26,105. The district spending/student has grown by 7% over four years.
|School District Name||Bering Strait School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||1,846||399|
|District Total Revenue||$81 MM||$10 MM|
|District Spending||$82 MM||$10 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$43,570||$26,078|
|District Spending / Student||$43,674||$26,105|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint MichaelAnthony A. Andrews SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 170 students
100 Baker Street
Saint Michael, AK 99659
KotlikKotlik SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 186 students
Po Box 20129
Kotlik, AK 99620
UnalakleetUnalakleet SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 182 students
Po Box 130
Unalakleet, AK 99684
ShaktoolikShaktoolik SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 80 students
Po Box 40
Shaktoolik, AK 99771
NomeMartin L. Olson SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 60 students
Po Box 62040
Nome, AK 99762
April 22, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 22, 2017
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
April 21, 2017
Children are reading less and less in this country, and the effects of that are showing in their performance in school. However, there are a variety of ways parents can encourage their children to read – and hopefully to love reading!