- Tukurngailnguq School's student population of 213 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tukurngailnguq School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bering Strait School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Michael Anthony A. Andrews School Grades: PK-12 | 180 students
100 Baker Street
Saint Michael, AK 99659
(907)923-3041 7.3 PK-12 180
- Kotlik Kotlik School Grades: K-12 | 178 students
20129 School Road
Kotlik, AK 99620
(907)899-4415 51.9 K-12 178
- Unalakleet Unalakleet School Grades: PK-12 | 204 students
Unalakleet, AK 99684
(907)624-3444 51.9 PK-12 204
- Shaktoolik Shaktoolik School Grades: PK-12 | 91 students
40 Main Street
Shaktoolik, AK 99771
(907)955-3021 65.9 PK-12 91
- Nome Martin L. Olson School Grades: PK-12 | 52 students
40 Main Street
Nome, AK 99762
(907)779-3021 74.2 PK-12 52
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.