Turner Primary School
- Turner Primary School's student population of 269 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||269 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Turner Primary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 509 schools in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 52/msad 52 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Turner Turner Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 267 students
91 Matthews Way
Turner, ME 04282
(207)225-1050 0.6 3-6 267
- Leeds Leeds Central School Grades: PK-6 | 198 students
1185 Route 106
Leeds, ME 04263
(207)524-5151 5.0 PK-6 198
- Greene Greene Central School Grades: PK-6 | 377 students
41 Main Street
Greene, ME 04236
(207)946-5681 6.7 PK-6 377
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.