Valley View School
- Valley View School's student population of 597 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||597 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Valley View School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,897 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1489 out of 1897 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roosevelt Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix South Pointe High School Grades: 9-12 | 498 students
8325 South Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85042
(602)243-0600 0.6 9-12 498
- Phoenix Southwest Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 507 students
1111 W. Dobbins Road
Phoenix, AZ 85041
(602)232-4270 0.6 K-8 507
- Phoenix South Pointe Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 160 students
217 E. Olympic Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85020
(602)953-2933 0.7 6-8 160
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.