Vance Elementary School
Vance Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Vance Elementary School's student population of 478 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||478 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vance Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#876 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New Britain School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Britain Northend Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 257 students
160 Bassett St.
New Britain, CT 06051
(860) 223-3819 0.7 K-5 257
- Berlin Mary E. Griswold School Grades: PK-5 | 505 students
133 Heather Ln.
Berlin, CT 06037
(860) 828-6336 1.3 PK-5 505
My daughter will be entering the second grade she can't wait until school starts and hopes her teacher will be as nice as Mrs Vass and Mrs Gsmbe..As a parent I am very happy with the school and staff. The only thing I would like to see change is a little more time for lunch and a better understanding of the lunch options my daughter has asked the lunch aids but still does not understand what she can have for a second choice.
- Posted by Parent - Susan Grega
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.