Vienna Elementary School serves 284 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Vienna Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in West Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-54% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 28%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 40%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the West Virginia state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the West Virginia state average of 11% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 284 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 7%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in WV
- Math Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WV Dept. of Education
Vienna Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Vienna Elementary School's student population of 284 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Vienna Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 629 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Vienna Elementary School is 0.13, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.21. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (WV)
Overall Testing Rank
#43 out of 629 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WV Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Vienna Elementary School's ranking?
Vienna Elementary School is ranked #43 out of 629 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in West Virginia.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-54% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% WV state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 40% WV state average).
How many students attend Vienna Elementary School?
284 students attend Vienna Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
93% of Vienna Elementary School students are White, 4% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Vienna Elementary School?
Vienna Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 13:1.
What grades does Vienna Elementary School offer ?
Vienna Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Vienna Elementary School part of?
Vienna Elementary School is part of Wood County Schools School District.
Review Vienna Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.