Vilas Elementary School
Vilas Elementary School serves 27 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Vilas Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the Colorado state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 47% (majority Hispanic).
Vilas Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Vilas Elementary School's student population of 27 students has grown by 22% over five school years.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Vilas Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,783 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Vilas Elementary School is 0.39, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.60. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#510 out of 1783 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CO Dept. of Education
Review Vilas Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.