Vincent M Igo Elementary School
Vincent M Igo Elementary School serves 393 students in grades Kindergarten-4.
Vincent M Igo Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Massachusetts for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Massachusetts state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 40% (majority Hispanic).
Vincent M Igo Elementary School's student population of 393 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Vincent M Igo Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,667 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Vincent M Igo Elementary School is 0.37, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MA)
Overall Testing Rank
#463 out of 1667 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MA Dept. of Education
Review Vincent M Igo Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.
Denver Public Schools Buck Trend, Plug School-to-Prison Pipeline
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.