Top Virginia Blue Ribbon Public Middle Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 7 top blue ribbon public middle schools in Virginia, serving 4,652 students.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Top Virginia Blue Ribbon Public Middle Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Students Year
- Coeburn Coeburn Middle School518 Centre Ave Ne
Coeburn, VA 24230
- Virginia Beach Great Neck Middle School1848 North Great Neck Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
- Virginia Beach Kemps Landing/old Donation School 2509 Seaboard Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
- Henrico Pocahontas Middle School12000 Three Chopt Rd
Henrico, VA 23233
- Duffield Rye Cove Intermediate158 Memorial School Lane
Duffield, VA 24244
- Saint Paul St. Paul Elementary School3200 Deacon Drive, 3200 Deacon
Saint Paul, VA 24283
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.