West Franklin Middle School
West Franklin Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- West Franklin Middle School's student population of 146 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Franklin Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#552 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Franklin School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pomona West Franklin High School Grades: 9-12 | 177 students
511 East Franklin
Pomona, KS 66076
(785) 566-3392 0.8 9-12 177
- Pomona West Franklin Learning Center High - Charter Grades: 6-12 | 10 students
511 E Franklin
Pomona, KS 66076
(785) 746-5766 0.8 6-12 10
- Quenemo Marais Des Cygnes Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 107 students
213 N 8th
Quenemo, KS 66528
(785) 759-3512 4.3 PK-5 107
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?