Hampshire County Schools School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 9 public schools in Hampshire County Schools School District, serving 3,188 students.
- Public school in Hampshire County School School District have an average math proficiency score of 42% (versus the West Virginia public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 44% (versus the 45% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 30% of public schools in West Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the West Virginia public school average of 10% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the West Virginia public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Hampshire County Schools School District|
|School District Phone Number||(304)822-3528|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WV)|
|# of Schools||9 Schools||736 Schools|
|# of Students||3,188 Students||272,869 Students|
|# of Teachers||223 Teachers||18,939 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Hampshire County Schools School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 56 school districts in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 87% has increased from 81% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||252 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||1,818 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||50 Students||4,920 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||37 Students||11,772 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,050 Students||245,545 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||118 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||48 Students||8,438 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||188||17,002|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||215||19,787|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||210||19,402|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||217||19,150|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||225||19,659|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||218||20,069|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||249||20,218|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||223||19,539|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||239||19,780|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||208||19,958|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||257||21,317|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||235||20,164|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||229||18,547|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||275||18,277|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,082 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,778. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,229 is less than the state average of $12,810. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WV)|
|Total Revenue||$35 MM||$42 MM|
|Spending||$39 MM||$45 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,082||$11,778|
|Spending / Student||$11,229||$12,810|
Hampshire County Schools School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Augusta Elementary School 61 Pancione Loop
Augusta, WV 26704
Grades: PK-5 | 287 students
- Capon Bridge Elementary School 99 Capon School Street
Capon Bridge, WV 26711
Grades: PK-5 | 345 students
- Capon Bridge Middle School 75 Capon School Street
Capon Bridge, WV 26711
Grades: 6-8 | 290 students
- John J. Cornwell Hc 60 Box 72
Levels, WV 25431
Grades: PK-5 | 110 students
- Romney Elementary School 45 School Street
Romney, WV 26757
Grades: PK-5 | 435 students
- Romney Middle School 296 Calvert Drive
Romney, WV 26757
Grades: 6-8 | 380 students
- Slanesville Elementary School 6550 Bloomery Pike
Slanesville, WV 25444
Grades: PK-5 | 223 students
- Springfield-green Spring Elementary School 43 Education Lane
Springfield, WV 26763
Grades: PK-5 | 122 students
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.