William E Russell
- William E Russell's student population of 385 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William E Russell's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1238 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dorchester Boston Collegiate Charter School Grades: 5-12 | 680 students
11 Mayhew Street
Dorchester, MA 02125
(617)265-1172 0.1 5-12 680
- Dorchester Roger Clap Grades: PK-5 | 170 students
35 Harvest Street
Dorchester, MA 02125
(617)635-8672 0.2 PK-5 170
- Jamaica Plain Community Academy Grades: 9-12 | 44 students
25 Glen Road
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617)635-8950 0.6 9-12 44
- Roxbury Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School Grades: PK-5 | 292 students
6 Shirley Street
Roxbury, MA 02119
(617)227-8055 0.7 PK-5 292
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.