William H Taft Elementary School
William H Taft Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- William H Taft Elementary School's student population of 311 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William H Taft Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#2503 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cincinnati Learning s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Mount Auburn International Academy Grades: K-12 | 561 students
244 Southern Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45219
(513)241-5500 0.0 K-12 561
- Cincinnati Dohn Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 373 students
608 E Mcmillan St
Cincinnati, OH 45206
(513)281-6100 0.6 9-12 373
- Cincinnati Rothenberg Preparatory Academy Grades: PK-6 | 406 students
241 E Clifton Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513)363-5700 0.6 PK-6 406
- Cincinnati Cincinnati Speech & Reading Intervention Center Grades: K-8 | 272 students
1905 Elm St
Cincinnati, OH 45214
(513)651-9624 0.8 K-8 272
- Cincinnati Hughes Stem High School Grades: 7-12 | 947 students
2515 Clifton Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45219
(513)363-7400 1.0 7-12 947
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.