Windsor Locks Middle School
- Windsor Locks Middle School's student population of 342 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||342 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Windsor Locks Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#643 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Windsor Locks School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Windsor Locks North Street School Grades: PK-2 | 422 students
325 North St.
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
(860) 292-5027 1.2 PK-2 422
- Windsor Poquonock Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 296 students
1760 Poquonock Ave.
Windsor, CT 06095
(860) 687-2080 2.8 PK-2 296
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.