Milton School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 7 public schools managed by Milton School District serving 3,470 students in Janesville, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Milton School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Janesville Consolidated Elementary School4838 N County Road F
Janesville, WI 53545
Grades: PK-3 | 81 students
- Janesville Harmony Elementary School4243 E Rotamer Rd
Janesville, WI 53546
Grades: PK-3 | 243 students
- Milton Milton High School114 W High St
Milton, WI 53563
Grades: 9-12 | 1104 students
- Milton Northside Intermediate159 Northside Dr
Milton, WI 53563
Grades: 4-6 | 741 students
|School District Name||Milton School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,470 students|
|# of Teachers||214 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,757 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,713 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||75 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||148 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||34 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,121 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||90 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||200|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||215|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||219|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||217|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||246|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||250|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||245|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||264|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||279|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||282|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||276|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||295|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||251|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Milton School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 97% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,312 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,991 is less than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$38 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$37 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,312||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$10,991||$14,711|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.