Shullsburg School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Shullsburg School District, serving 250 students. Public elementary schools in Shullsburg School District have an average math proficiency score of 34% (versus the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 45% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 32% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Shullsburg School District|
|School District Website||http://www.shullsburg.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(608) 965-4427|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,592 Schools|
|# of Students||250 Students||570,454 Students|
|# of Teachers||25 Teachers||39,300 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||14:1|
- Shullsburg School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 426 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#364 out of 440 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||7,470 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||23,174 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||26 Students||72,836 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||56,328 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||224 Students||386,354 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||466 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||23,827 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||20||37,158|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||22||54,570|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||24||57,618|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||33||58,448|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||21||60,887|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||19||61,995|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||28||62,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||35||61,625|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||24||51,728|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||24||51,090|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||3,026|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||2,977|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,988|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||3,512|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,550 in this school district is less than the state median of $15,320. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,809 is less than the state median of $15,270. The school district spending/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$13 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$13 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,550||$15,320|
|Revenue / Student||$13,809||$15,270|
Shullsburg School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.