Wabeno Area School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Wabeno Area School District, serving 402 students. Wabeno Area School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Wisconsin.
- Public schools in Wabeno Area School District have an average math proficiency score of 27% (versus the Wisconsin public school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 27% (versus the 42% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Wisconsin public school average of 30% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Wisconsin public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Wabeno Area School District|
|School District Website||http://www.wabeno.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(715) 473-2592|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||2,287 Schools|
|# of Students||402 Students||861,712 Students|
|# of Teachers||41 Teachers||58,136 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
- Wabeno Area School District, which is ranked within the1/, bottom 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has decreased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||77 Students||10,619 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||34,180 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16 Students||103,433 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||79,012 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||277 Students||601,232 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||667 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||30 Students||32,570 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||26||55,187|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||30||56,921|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||28||57,618|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||27||58,448|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||25||60,887|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||23||61,995|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||37||62,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||34||61,625|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||26||61,657|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||33||62,439|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||31||66,005|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||30||64,405|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||29||64,611|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||23||67,082|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,320 is higher than the state average of 14961. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,228 is higher than the state average of $14,667. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$2 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,320||14961|
|Spending / Student||$15,228||14667|
Wabeno Area School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.