Wood Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 406 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 54%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MO
- Math Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Wood Elementary School's ranking?
Wood Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for: Highest math proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
55-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% MO state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MO state average).
How many students attend Wood Elementary School?
406 students attend Wood Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
46% of Wood Elementary School students are White, 29% of students are Hispanic, 9% of students are Black, 8% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Hawaiian, 3% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Wood Elementary School?
Wood Elementary School has a student ration of 17:1, which is higher than the Missouri state average of 13:1.
What grades does Wood Elementary School offer ?
Wood Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
Review Wood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities