Wright City Elementary School
Wright City Elementary School serves 277 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Wright City Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Oklahoma for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-54% (which is higher than the Oklahoma state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 40-44% (which is higher than the Oklahoma state average of 34%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Oklahoma state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 54% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is higher than the Oklahoma state average of 51% (majority Hispanic and American Indian).
Wright City Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Oklahoma for:
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Wright City Elementary School's student population of 277 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Wright City Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,700 schools in Oklahoma (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Wright City Elementary School is 0.53, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (OK)
Overall Testing Rank
#269 out of 1700 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, OK Dept. of Education
Review Wright City Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public School Review Diversity Report: Which States Have the Most Diverse Public Schools?
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
L.A. Philanthropic Group Commits Large Sum to Promote Arts in District Schools
A $750,000 gift to Los Angeles Unified School District will go to expanding art programs in schools throughout the district.
Do Public Schools Need to Teach More Math and Science?
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?