A. W. Cox School
- A. W. Cox School's student population of 302 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||302 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- A. W. Cox School is ranked within the top 30% of all 968 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of A. W. Cox School is Guilford School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 195 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Guilford School District's student population of 3,393 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $16,727 in this district is less than the state average of $20,313. The district revenue/student has declined by 19% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $20,880 is higher than the state average of $19,375. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Guilford School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||3,393||1,534|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$60 MM||$31 MM|
|District Spending||$74 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$16,727||$20,313|
|District Spending / Student||$20,880||$19,375|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Guilford Calvin Leete School Grades: K-4 | 254 students
280 South Union St.
Guilford, CT 06437
(203)453-2726 1.4 K-4 254
- Guilford A. Baldwin Middle School Grades: 5-6 | 559 students
68 Bullard Dr.
Guilford, CT 06437
(203)457-0222 3.9 5-6 559
- Madison Daniel Hand High School Grades: 9-12 | 1164 students
286 Green Hill Rd.
Madison, CT 06443
(203)245-6350 3.9 9-12 1164
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.