Denali Borough School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 4 public schools in Denali Borough School District, serving 963 students. Denali Borough School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Alaska.
- Public schools in Denali Borough School District have an average math proficiency score of 40% (versus the Alaska public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 55% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the top 30% of public schools in Alaska.
- Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the Alaska public school average of 52% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is more than the Alaska public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Denali Borough School District|
|School District Website||http://www.dbsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(907) 683-2278|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||509 Schools|
|# of Students||963 Students||132,872 Students|
|# of Teachers||30 Teachers||7,748 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||17:1|
- Denali Borough School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 53 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-69% has increased from 40-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||69 Students||30,415 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||21 Students||7,785 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||79 Students||8,868 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||41 Students||3,866 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||638 Students||63,227 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||8 Students||3,914 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||107 Students||14,797 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||46||3,586|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||53||10,196|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||55||10,243|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||77||10,331|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||80||10,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||77||10,398|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||79||10,229|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||69||10,007|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||69||9,741|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||87||9,478|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||74||9,584|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||65||9,285|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||69||9,503|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||63||9,882|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,076 in this school district is less than the state average of $24,325. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,860 is less than the state average of $24,500. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,076||$24,325|
|Spending / Student||$7,860||$24,500|
Denali Borough School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math/Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Tri-valley School 400 Suntrana St
Healy, AK 99743
Grades: PK-12 | 178 students
- Cantwell School 29 Main St
Cantwell, AK 99729
Grades: K-12 | 14 students
- Denali Peak 1 Suntrana St
Healy, AK 99743
Grades: PK-12 | 737 students
- Anderson School 3120 First St
Anderson, AK 99744
Grades: K-12 | 34 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.