Denali Borough School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Denali Borough School District serving 872 students in Anderson, Alaska.
- Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Denali Borough School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Anderson Anderson School3120 First Street
Anderson, AK 99744
Grades: K-12 | 32 students
- Cantwell Cantwell School29 Main St
Cantwell, AK 99729
Grades: K-12 | 14 students
- Healy Denali Peak1 Suntrana Street
Healy, AK 99743
Grades: PK-12 | 665 students
- Healy Tri-valley School400 Suntrana Street
Healy, AK 99743
Grades: PK-12 | 161 students
|School District Name||Denali Borough School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||872 students|
|# of Teachers||27 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1|
|# of Male Students||386 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||486 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||50 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||21 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||68 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||41 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||569 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||8 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||115 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||2|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||63|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||56|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||51|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Denali Borough School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 54 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 40-49% has decreased from 50-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,076 in this school district is less than the state average of $27,286. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,860 is less than the state average of $27,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,076||$27,286|
|Spending / Student||$7,860||$27,481|
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.