Sitka School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Sitka School District, serving 201 students. public preschool in Sitka School District have a diversity score of 0.68, which is less than the Alaska public preschool average of 0.72.
- Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Alaska public preschool average of 56% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Alaska public preschool average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Sitka School District|
|School District Website||http://www.sitkaschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(907) 747-8622|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|# of Schools||1 School||299 Schools|
|# of Students||201 Students||70,338 Students|
|# of Teachers||17 Teachers||4,249 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||17:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has increased from 60-64% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||50 Students||19,113 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||13 Students||3,466 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||14 Students||4,713 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 Students||1,975 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||99 Students||30,616 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||2,067 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||21 Students||8,388 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||22||3,559|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||94||8,931|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||85||8,998|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||8,957|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||8,581|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||8,611|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||8,361|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||5,116|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||1,701|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||1,604|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||1,473|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||1,296|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||1,421|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||1,729|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,544 in this school district is less than the state average of $24,325. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,707 is less than the state average of $24,500. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,544||$24,325|
|Spending / Student||$18,707||$24,500|
Sitka School District Public Preschools (2020-21)
- School (Math/Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Baranof Elementary School305 Baranof St
Sitka, AK 99835
Grades: PK-1 | 201 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.