Sitka School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public high schools in Sitka School District, serving 390 students. Public high schools in Sitka School District have an average math proficiency score of 34% (versus the Alaska public high school average of 23%), and reading proficiency score of 47% (versus the 32% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is in the top 30% of public high schools in Alaska.
- public high school in Sitka School District have a Graduation Rate of 77%, which is equal to the Alaska average of 77%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Sitka High School, with 75-79% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Alaska or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Alaska public high school average of 55% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Alaska public high school average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Sitka School District|
|School District Website||http://www.sitkaschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(907) 747-8622|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||299 Schools|
|# of Students||390 Students||60,821 Students|
|# of Teachers||30 Teachers||3,297 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||19:1|
- Sitka School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 53 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has increased from 60-64% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||122 Students||19,907 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||46 Students||2,917 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||19 Students||3,042 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||1,446 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||183 Students||27,482 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,226 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||17 Students||4,801 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,198|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||2||2,141|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||2,162|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||2||2,221|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||4||2,242|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||1||2,164|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4||2,178|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1||2,508|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||3||2,887|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||2||2,866|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||100||9,584|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||88||9,285|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||83||9,503|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||100||9,882|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,544 in this school district is less than the state average of $24,325. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,707 is less than the state average of $24,500. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,544||$24,325|
|Spending / Student||$18,707||$24,500|
Sitka School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math/Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Sitka Reach 305 Baranof St
Sitka, AK 99835
Grades: K-12 | 21 students
- Sitka High School 1000 Lake St
Sitka, AK 99835
Grades: 9-12 | 339 students
- Pacific High School 509 Lincoln
Sitka, AK 99835
Grades: 9-12 | 30 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.