Yakutat School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools in Yakutat School District, serving 76 students.
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Alaska public school average of 52% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Alaska public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Yakutat School District|
|School District Website||http://www.yakutatschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(907)784-3317|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||509 Schools|
|# of Students||76 Students||132,872 Students|
|# of Teachers||6 Teachers||7,748 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||17:1|
- Yakutat School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 53 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||43 Students||30,415 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||7,785 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||8,868 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||3,866 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||27 Students||63,227 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||3,914 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||14,797 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||1||3,586|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||7||10,196|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||10||10,243|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||3||10,331|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||5||10,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||6||10,398|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||6||10,229|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||5||10,007|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||8||9,741|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||7||9,478|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||4||9,584|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||4||9,285|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||8||9,503|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||2||9,882|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $33,043 is higher than the state average of $24,325. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $35,978 is higher than the state average of $24,500. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$33,043||$24,325|
|Spending / Student||$35,978||$24,500|
We examine proposed changes to high school athletic policies in both Ohio and Florida, which have been met with both support and opposition from residents of the states.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.