Andover Elementary School
- Andover Elementary School's student population of 225 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Andover Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#119 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Andover School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coventry George Hersey Robertson School Grades: 3-5 | 386 students
227 Cross Street
Coventry, CT 06238
(860)742-7341 3.6 3-5 386
- Columbia Horace W. Porter School Grades: PK-8 | 424 students
3 Schoolhouse Rd.
Columbia, CT 06237
(860)228-9493 3.8 PK-8 424
- Hebron Gilead Hill School Grades: PK-2 | 306 students
580 Gilead St.
Hebron, CT 06248
(860)228-9458 4.3 PK-2 306
- Hebron Rham High School Grades: 9-12 | 1025 students
85 Wall St.
Hebron, CT 06248
(860)228-9474 4.4 9-12 1025
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.